Ketamine Treatment Clinic
Historically, psychology has focused on mental illness or the negative in human behavior – weaknesses and problems. Since the 1990s, scientific interest has focused increasingly on the study of emotion, especially in understanding how positive emotions sustain mental health.
The Positive Psychology movement was started by prominent scholars/psychologists who focused attention on the study of human strengths or those inner traits and characteristics that most cultures, religions, and philosophies have highlighted as contributing to the well-being of the individual as well as the world. Positive psychology focuses more on strengths than on weaknesses, building the best things in life instead of repairing the worst, and paying attention to the things that contribute to human health instead of healing wounds and focusing on sickness.
Positive Psychology is the focus and impetus to successful mental health counseling at Riverwoods Behavioral Health.
Our counselors are trained in Positive Psychology which focuses more on strengths than on weaknesses, building the best things in life instead of repairing the worst, and paying attention to the things that contribute to human health instead of healing wounds and focusing on sickness. We also provide Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT). All are evidence-based approaches found to be the most beneficial to healing.
Contact us today to set up an appointment.
·Riverwoods Behavioral Health is dedicated to improving the mental health and well-being of our clients.
Our Vision –
We strive to be an industry leader in providing the latest evidenced based modalities of treatment including positive psychology concepts, Accelerated Resolution Therapy (ART), EMDR and Ketamine. Our therapy is provided with respect, compassion, acceptance and we strive to empower every client to improve.
Our Company Story:
· Riverwoods Behavioral Health began with Dr. Henrie-Barrus’ work as an assistant professor at the University of Utah teaching positive psychology and developing the nationally recognized undergraduate certificate program.
· As a solo practitioner, Dr. Barrus sought after the best training she could find, working with pain, addiction, and neurology clinics. She also worked collaboratively with a functional medicine doctor. As part of her services, Dr. Barrus began incorporating positive psychology concepts from her courses at the University combined with evidence-based medical treatments such as the use of ketamine. She found that an integrated approach is the best when dealing with mental health issues.
· Dr. Barrus began using ketamine treatments in a medical clinic with pain patients. This soon evolved into treatment with depression and anxiety. The use of ketamine has been very significant in the lives of hundreds of people who are treatment resistant to other modalities or medications. All of the therapists at Riverwoods are trained in the use of ketamine.
How you’ve evolved:
· Since 2008 Riverwoods Behavioral Health has grown into a clinic comprised of 12 mental health providers offering a solution based, positive approach to therapy. We also now offer EMDR, Accelerated Resolution Therapy (ART), Ketamine assisted psychotherapy, family and marital therapy.
Our ‘aha!’ moment:
· When we realized that mental health is not one dimensional but includes, exercise, diet, support systems and medication. Healing is an integrated process.
· Mental illness and substance use disorders are treatable illnesses.
And in many instances are preventable.
· In the importance of providing options and opportunities to our clients, understanding their diverse needs and the challenges of their families.
· That each individual in need of treatment is unique and has a voice.
· In providing high-quality services to assist our clients in reaching their fullest potential and to become active participants in the community.
· Highly qualified, diverse, and well-trained staff is one of the keys to realizing treatment success.
· Teamwork fosters honesty, cooperation, and open communication.
· In the right of self-determination and promoting self-reliance
What we’re offering:
We provide integrated evidence-based mental health therapy services in a safe and respectful environment. We also offer cutting edge treatments such as ketamine for those who have been treatment resistant to other modalities.
8. Who We Serve:
RBH offers a wide variety of mental health treatment services for a broad range of problem areas, which include:
· Abuse Survivors (Emotional, Sexual & Physical)
· Anger Management
· Anxiety Disorders
· Behavioral Problems
· Bipolar Disorder
· Co-occurring Disorders
· Eating Disorders
· Family Reunification
· Marital/Couples Issues
· Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD)
· Parenting Issues
· Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
· Reactive Attachment Disorder
· Stress Management
· Substance Abuse Disorders
· Suicide Risk
· Thought Disorders (e.g., Schizophrenia, Schizoaffective)
· Every person, regardless of their disability, race, ethnicity, gender, age, economic status, or sexual orientation, has the right and responsibility to fulfill their own unique potential in our society; the right to be treated with compassion, respect and dignity free from stigma and prejudice, and the right to use their God given rights to choose for themselves and enjoy freedom.
· Mental health is essential to personal well-being, and is fundamental to achieving a healthy, balanced, and productive life.
· Reducing the stigma of mental health is imperative if we are to have a society that functions.
Our mental health center is committed to providing clinical interventions and programs that are empirically-based and proven to produce positive results. Below are some of the evidence-based practices we use on a daily basis.
· Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
· Positive psychological Therapy
· Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
· Eye Movement Desensitization & Reprocessing Therapy (EMDR)
· Motivational Interviewing
· Parent Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT)
· Trauma Focused CBT
· Accelerated Resolution Therapy (ART)